Leningrad Oblast is a region full of lakes and pine forests. Fans of active leisure love these places not just for their picturesque nature, but also for the opportunity to experience the extreme.
One popular attraction is the Orekh Rope Course, which includes various courses with obstacles of varying difficulty. The cumulative course length totals over 3,000 metres.
Those who love horseback riding will also find a lot to do while on holiday in Leningrad Oblast. Equestrian clubs in the area provide guests with a variety of riding trails and there visitors can learn how to build a bond with a horse and how to sit securely and comfortably in the saddle.
Rafting aficionados can travel to the town of Losevo, located just a couple of hours from St. Petersburg. There they can choose the rafting programme that suits them best – family, classic or extreme.
Ski resorts of the region correspond to the world standards of the tourism industry and are comparable in their characteristics with foreign competitors.
- In the territory of the hospitable resort "Igora" in the Priozersky district there are 13 routes of various complexity with a capacity of up to 7 thousand people per hour.
- On the territory of the ski resort "Golden Valley" in the village Korobitsyno of the Priozersky district accommodated 12 modern routes of varying degrees of complexity with a height difference of 10 to 105 meters and a length of 70 to 1100 meters.
- The recreation complex "North slope" in the village Toksovo Vsevolozhsky region offers 4 ski slopes of various complexity: "ballet", main, sporty and extreme, allow you to choose a slope for every taste.
- Ski resort "Red Lake" in the village Korobitsyno of the Priozersky district is located on the mountain Zalesnaya (the northern slope), from the top of which you can see the Red Lake.
- Ski resort "Snezhny" in the village Korobitsyno of the Priozersky district has been opened since 1999 and is one of the few in Russia to have the FIS certificate (International Ski Federation).
- One of the main attractions of the resort "Okhta Park" in the village Saryga of Vsevolozhsk District is an open-air roller with a length of 1.5 kilometers, located in a picturesque forest area.
- Center for active recreation "Tuutari Park" in the village. Retssel Lomonosov district offers visitors 5 routes of varying complexity.